JOB SUMMARY: Under broad direction, conduct a wide variety of complex accounting duties and projects. Assignments and work are generally broad in nature requiring a thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Has significant latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions. Prepare recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes. Initiate and implement changes needed to accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures. Review, guide, and train lower level staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the work of the accounting department and assist the Finance Manager in carrying out the integration of the subsidiary into the US GAAP closing process.
- Prepare and distribute on a timely basis monthly reports to the Corporate Accounting Department according to US GAAP.
- Prepare internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
- Carry out monthly closing and account reconciliation activities.
- Control and reconciles inter-company billings.
- Carry out all aspects of local National Bank reporting requirements.
- Report financial information to Finance Manager treasury, legal, accounting, etc., as required for their external reporting press releases and surveys.
- Coordinate activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
- Developing and updating Accounting and Tax policy. Identifying and developing specific accounting policies, practices, processes or systems to support business needs.
- Managing local statutory accounting and reporting process.
- Kazakhstan tax accounting and reporting. Provides reports and tax return forms to local Tax Authorities, other state bodies and non-budget funds in compliance with the local Law.
- Overseeing bank account operations, journal entry preparation and invoice issuing process.
- Organizing payroll accounting and disbursements.
- Localizing and overseeing corporate expense reporting;
- Directing maintenance of the fixed asset records, their classification and related depreciation accounts methodology.
- Several years of experience in some of the following positions: Chief Accountant, Deputy Chief Accountant or Accounting Supervisor in a Kazakhstan company with foreign ownership.
- Relevant experience in Lease companies is a plus.
Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Higher education in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ACCA/MBA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of lease, hedge and "foreign currency" accounting.
- Completely computer literate.
- Speak English fluently.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in Kazakhstan Accounting Principles and GAAP.
- Problem solving skills in complex situations are essential.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting activities of a multinational company are recommended.